If you are looking to work in Canada, Express Entry is the process for you. It’s a fast and simple online application that will allow you to apply for a number of different Canadian work visas. In this blog post, we will outline the steps involved in applying for Express Entry, as well as answer some common questions applicants have about the process.
introduced by the Canadian government in 2015, The Express Entry is an online application system that allows skilled workers to apply for a number of different work visas and permanent residence.
How to Apply?
Whether you?re already employed or self-employed, there are several avenues available to help you secure a Canadian immigration under Express Entry:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FST)
- Classe d'expérience canadienne (CEC)
Requirements for Express Entry eligibility
You must meet certain criteria to be eligible for Express Entry. These include:
- Be between 18-54 years old
- Have a minimum level of work experience
- Meet the language requirements
- Have a valid job offer or be eligible for provincial nomination
- Be admissible to Canada
You can improve your Express Entry score by:
- Studying or working in Canada
- Find a Canadian employer
- Getting a valid job offer
- Work with a partner company
In terms of programs:
- Completing provincial programs experience (if applicable)
- Look into Skilled Trades Stream
- Join Entrepreneur Immigration programs
As seen above some of these options require you to have a job offer and others do not, so it is important that you research them carefully before making any decisions on which path is best for your individual situation.
Create an Express Entry profile
Before you can create an Express Entry profile, you will need to:
- Get a language test result if you plan on claiming points for your first official language.
- Get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report if your education is from outside of Canada and you want to claim points for it.
- Prepare your job experience documented
- POF – a proof of funds letter
- passport / travel document
- proof of your Canadian education or an educational credential assessment report for the purposes of:
- Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSW) application
- Be for the education you got outside Canada
- provincial nomination in case you applied to one
- A Canadian employer well-written job offer to you (if you have one)
- proof of work experience – a certificate that shows you’ve worked for a certain amount of time at an organization
- If you’re working in a trade occupation that’s regulated by a Canadian province or territory, you can use your provincial or territorial certificate of qualification instead (if you have one)
After having all these, you are allowed to create your profile. There are two options:
- GCKey – Sign in with your GCKey user ID and password.
- Sign-In Partner – Sign in with your online Canadian banking information if you have an existing account with 1 of our partners.
What is a GCKey?
A GCKey is a unique identifier that gives you access to Government of Canada online services. If you do not already have a GCKey, You will need:
- Credit card or Interac Online
- Your email address
- To be 16 years of age or older
where to get a GCkey?
You can get a GCKey by going to the sign-in page of the Express Entry system.
When you are on the Express Entry sign-in page, select “Create an account” under “GCKey.” You will be taken to a secure Government of Canada website where you will create your GCKey.
Know your success chances – Calculate your Express Entry points
The Express Entry points calculator tool can help you calculate how many points you might get. The Express Entry system is based on a comprehensive ranking system (CRS).
How long will it take to process my Express Entry visa application?
It usually takes about six months to process Express Entry applications from start to finish.
Check my application status
You can check the status of your application online using Express Entry?s online tool.
You will need your Express Entry profile number and job seeker validation code to access the system.
How much time do I have to complete my application?
If you are invited to apply, you will have 60 days to do so.
Can I stay in Canada while my application is being processed?
Yes. If you are already in Canada, you may be able to stay while your Express Entry application is being processed. You will need to have legal status in Canada and meet other requirements.