If you want your family to join or immigrate to Canada with you, this one’s for you!
It’s important to know that, depending on your situation, you may be eligible to apply under one of the many different family sponsorship programs. The government of Canada offers two main types of family sponsorship, known as the parents and grandparents program and the spousal sponsorship program. There are also various subcategories within these main categories, each with its own eligibility requirements and processing times.

How to apply for Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship

You can’t apply for Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship directly. If you have a child who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada, they can sponsor you and your family under their Express Entry profile. This means that, as long as your child meets certain eligibility requirements, they can submit an application for you and your family on one of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) immigration programs: Parental/Grandparent Super Visa; Parents and Grandparents Permanent Resident Card; Parents and Grandparents Live-in Caregiver Program. To be eligible for sponsorship, you must meet all of IRCC’s requirements. In addition, your child must also meet certain requirements to be eligible to sponsor you. For more information about these programs, please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/.

Who Can Sponsor My Parents or Grandparents?

Under Canada’s Parents and Grandparents Program, you may be eligible to sponsor your parents or grandparents for Canadian immigration if you are: a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada; 18 years of age or older; financially independent and supporting yourself and any accompanying dependents. Additionally, any person being sponsored must have been a parent or grandparent, have had an established relationship with you before they were 18 years old and still maintain that relationship.

What Do I Need When I Am Applying For Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship?

In order to be eligible for parents and grandparents sponsorship, you must meet specific criteria. You need to be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident over 18 years of age. If you don’t have a spouse or common-law partner, then only one of your parents or grandparents can be sponsored. If you do have a spouse or common-law partner, then they can sponsor up to two parents and four grandparents.

What If my Sponsor Does Not Meet Minimum Income Requirements?

There is another process for parents and grandparents who want to come to Canada. If you want information about applying as a parent or grandparent under Immigration, Permanence and Integration (IPPI), contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at 1-888-242-2100.

Do I Need To Prove That I am Eligible To Receive the Age of Majority in my Province of Residence?

If you are at least 18 years of age, then yes. You are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada on your own as a principal applicant, as long as you can prove that you will be able to support yourself financially. If you have dependents coming with you, they must also pass certain requirements and prove that they will be financially supported while in Canada.

How Long Does it Take To Get a Decision on my Application?

Do you need more information on how long it takes to get a decision on your application? While processing times can vary, there are some general rules when it comes to applying for permanent residence in Canada. We’ve put together some information that will help you understand what goes into making a decision and why timeframes are so important.

Is There An Appeal Process if My Application is Refused?

Yes, there is an appeal process if your application is refused. There are two reasons why you may want to do an appeal: * You can ask for a Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA). This will allow you more time in Canada while your case is assessed. A PRRA does not guarantee that you will be allowed to stay in Canada, but it does increase your chances of being approved for some kind of status.

Can I Renew My Parents’ Or Grandparents’ Visas On Humanitarian And Compassionate Grounds After Their Visas Expire?

You’re a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who lives in Canada and your parent or grandparent is not. But you want them to be. You want them to join you in Canada, and it breaks your heart that they can’t because their current visa has expired. There is still hope! You can apply for a new visa on humanitarian and compassionate grounds (H&C). If granted, they will have permission to stay in Canada until a final decision is made on their application. Is it possible?

What Happens if They Overstay Their Visa And Do Not Apply for an Extension by Its Expiry Date?

Renewing family members’ (i.e., parents, grandparents) visas on humanitarian and compassionate grounds after their visas expire is possible in some cases. For example, if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who sponsors your parents or grandparents for immigration under Canada’s Parent and Grandparent Program, there may be instances where you can renew their application on H&C grounds after their visa expires.

Will My Family Members Be Able To Work In Canada While They Are Waiting For A Decision On Their Application Under The Parent & Grandparent Program?

Eligible parents and grandparents will be able to apply for an open work permit that will allow them to legally work in Canada as they wait for a decision on their sponsorship application. Eligible spouses or common-law partners of these parents and grandparents can also apply for an open work permit.

Leave A Reply