The Canadian government offers several different visas and permits to ensure that you and your family can stay together as you immigrate to Canada. The easiest one to get, the spousal visa, requires that you be legally married or in a common-law partnership with your spouse (or common-law partner). However, the child sponsorship program makes it possible for your children to come with you as well. There are several ways to apply for these visas; this guide will cover each of them so that you can make an informed decision about which one is right for you and your family as you plan your move to Canada.

Getting Spousal & Children Canadian Visa

Family reunification is an integral part of Canadian immigration process. This means, if you wish to immigrate to Canada, not only do you need a Canadian job offer but also your spouse/common-law partner must have a valid job offer or be eligible for one. If you are bringing children (under age of 18) into Canada along with your family, then each child requires their own visa as well. Read on for details about immigrating with children or spouse to Canada from USA.

Applying for Permanent Residence in Canada

Are you thinking of immigrating to Canada? If so, you’re not alone. In fact, more than 250,000 people from foreign countries were granted permanent residency in 2015. To apply for permanent residence in Canada, you must submit an application (IRCC) online via Express Entry. As one of Canada’s three main immigration programs, Express Entry is designed to support economic growth by giving Canadian employers access to a pool of skilled workers who are looking for permanent residence in Canada.

Where do I begin?

If you’re serious about immigrating to Canada, start by checking out our Immigration Centre. Here, you can browse more than 50 immigration resources covering everything from getting your profile ready for Express Entry (Canada’s skilled worker program) to learning how your spouse or partner can immigrate as a dependent family member.

How much does it cost?

The cost of immigrating varies greatly depending on whether you’re applying from inside or outside of Canada. From start to finish, it can be between $4,500 CAD and $10,000 CAD for a husband/wife application if you’re moving from outside of Canada; it costs approximately $1,400 CAD (plus taxes) if you already live in Canada.

Step by step process, based on your situation

Determine if you’re eligible for a dependent visa. If so, apply for temporary status in Canada as a visitor. Your spouse can also apply as a visitor while waiting for your permanent resident (PR) application to be processed.

A spousal visa is a permanent resident visa based on your relationship with your spouse. This can be one of several types of visas: Common-law partner, Sponsored partner or Joint spousal. Here are some FAQs about each one.

What’s a common-law partner?

A common-law partner is basically someone you’ve been living in a conjugal relationship for at least one year – although there are exceptions, such as if you’re separated because of work or school. What’s a sponsored partner? A sponsored partner is someone who has no children, but wants to immigrate with their spouse who has children from another relationship. If they have no children together then they must have lived together for at least two years in a conjugal relationship before applying. They must also meet all other eligibility requirements. What’s a joint spousal application?

Q&A – Spousal Visa

If you want to immigrate to Canada, are you required by law to go through a Canadian lawyer? 

No, you are not required to go through a Canadian lawyer in order to immigrate to Canada. However, it is always advisable to seek professional help when navigating the complex immigration system. A good lawyer can help ensure that your application is complete and accurate, and can provide valuable guidance throughout the process.

Do I need my spouse’s help?

If you are married or in a common-law relationship, your spouse or partner will need to provide some basic information and documents as part of your application. This includes their contact information, proof that they are eligible to immigrate to Canada, and an undertaking to support you financially.

Your spouse or partner will also be required to undergo medical and security screenings, and may be asked to attend an interview.

How long does the process take?

The amount of time it takes to complete the immigration process varies depending on your individual circumstances. In general, it can take several months or even years from start to finish. The best way to ensure a smooth and speedy process is to ensure that

Can my children get involved in any part of this process?

Yes, your children can be included in your application to immigrate to Canada. However, they will need to meet the same eligibility requirements as you do. In addition, they will be required to undergo medical and security screenings, and may be asked to attend an interview.

What documents do I need in order to apply for a spousal visa in Canada or some other legal status such as refugee or humanitarian residency?

In order to apply for a spousal visa in Canada, you will need to provide certain documents including your marriage certificate, proof of your relationship (such as photos and letters), and evidence of your Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status. You may also be required to provide other documentation depending on your individual circumstances.

Q&A – Children Visa

1. What are all steps involved in obtaining a visa for children? 

2. Can I work while my application is being processed?

3. Do I need to have an offer of employment before I apply for a work permit?

4. If my child has dual citizenship, can he/she apply from outside of Canada or do they need to be present in Canada when applying?

5. How long does it take to obtain a visitor visa once you have submitted your application and supporting documents at Visa Application Centre (VAC)?

6. What happens if my application is refused?

7. Is there any way to get around having a criminal record?

8. Does everyone who applies receive a permanent resident card?

9. How much will it cost me to bring my family over to Canada?

10. What do I need to bring with me when I go for my medical exam?

11. Where should we go for our medical exam and what type of information should we bring along with us on that day?

Leave A Reply